We are 100% volunteer operated, so whatever your interest, skill set, and availability, we have opportunities during both non-disaster and disaster times.
Just a few ways you can help our organization grow during non-disaster times:
- marketing and communication
- volunteer recruitment
- engage the public at our booth at education and fundraising events
During times of disaster or emergencies, we offer assistance to an affected community by providing necessary services such as:
- set up of temporary animal relief shelters
- intake - animal registration at relief shelters
- transportation of animals
- care and maintenance of animals at the relief shelter
- coordination of veterinary care if required
- rescue of abandoned or stranded animals
- maintenance of animals sheltered in place
- reuniting animals with owners/guardians
In addition to CDART’s basic training, anyone who wishes to respond during a disaster is required to have some cross-training from their provincial Emergency Social Services department.